Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Alcohol and College Students

Blog Post 7
Today in Wellness class we had a guy come in and talk about alcohol and the affects it has on college students. Wisconsin is by far the worst state for people who can consume the most alcohol. Wisconsin has more bars on one street than any other state. We have students that learn from our parents to drink. It's considered normal to get drunk at least once a week for college students. I personally don't really enjoy drinking. When I was younger I used to drink to fit in and I thought it was a lot of fun and really had good times. I have grown up over the years and realized that there are more fun things to do with my time and I don't need to fit in. I can have fun without drinking and still be popular. Wisconsin is the top state with consuming brandy and in the top 3 for consuming vodka and beer. Over the years college students seem to get more and more riskier when it comes to drinking. Many students have drown in the Mississippi over the recent years and college students are convinced that there is someone taking the people to the river and pushing them in. Students are to bull headed to think and realize that it's the alcohol that makes people make stupid decisions. In La Crosse students have volunteered to help make sure there aren't more river drownings. Over the years many people have been saved from going in the river because they honestly are lost and don't know where they are going. Ever since these people have been volunteering there hasn't been a drowning. I hope that I don't become an alcoholic and ruin my life. THere is a family history of alcoholics and I hope I don't become one.

2 comments:

  1. Dylan-I agree with your blog, it's just known that your going to need to drink to fit in with everyone. I really dont like drinking all that much really. I also hope you don't become an alcoholic. It doesnt sound like you will, you obviously don't like doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan,
    I also agree with your blog. I too don't enjoy drinking very much. The taste, affects, and consequences are just not good. I respect your decision about not drinking also.
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete