Monday, November 22, 2010

Opening Weekend of Deer Season

Blog Post 6
The opening weekend of deer season was not a very promising one for most people. The weather condidtions were not to what is considered normal this time of year and the deer population is down. I personally only saw 2 deer opening day and they were over a hundred yards away on a dead sprint. I shot at a coyote 4 times and missed but they are pretty hard to hit sometimes. The next day it was really foggy and it was so hard to see. Another kid and I went hunting together and I tried to get some deer to go to him. The deer of course went the other way and we never saw them. We ended up hunting with 5 other guys and did some drives with them. We ended up seeing 5 does and I never got a shot at one of them. I tried to put the other guys in a spot so they would get some shooting and they did but they never hit one of them. I was so mad because I didn't get a shot at any of them and they fact that I was busting my ass to get someone a deer. I know the numbers are down this year from last but we need to try harder to get some meat on the table. I know a lot bigger bucks are being shot this year becuase the corn was still standing last year which gave them an easy place to hide until the season was over. I just hope that next year I get to do some more bow hunting so I can shoot the bucks before gun season comes because so far 2 of the bucks I have on camera have been shot. I just hope this week and next weekend bring me more luck or else I will have to hit muzzelloader season hard. I just hope sometime this week I get a shot at a deer. We got 19 deer last year and not one person in our group of 5 have got a deer yet.

2 comments:

  1. That's to bad too hear! Hopefully you have better luck the next time you go out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan,
    I also did not have luck opening weekend. I only saw one deer. The only luck I had this season was on Thanksgiving day where I shot 3 doe. All in all, this season was slow and the deer population is very low.
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete